Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Life's a beach, and then ya die


Project Runway CJ time again - and this month it's the wedding dress challenge.

The brief for this journal was to use at least three altered or transformed elements (papers, embellies etc) on a double page 8"x8" layout - to reflect how the Project Runway designers altered and transformed old, unfashionable wedding dresses into something wearable.

I wasn't sure where to start with this one at first - as it was free theme - so I started to play with transforming some background papers - eg this one which started life as a floral print, until I got to it with the gesso and my airbrush - and the sea and sand colours I ended up with screamed BEACH!

So to the beach I went :)

My altered elements are the background papers, the chipboard letters for the title which I "sandified" with a mix of embossing powders in white, orange, and beige, the footprints which are paper clips that I spraypainted copper,

and the round, shell embellishments which I appropriated from an old hair band:

(plus I guess the tags count as altered too as I painted and sprayed them?)

All in all this was a fun entry to pull together - just like proper scrapbooking!  The journal even had proper page protectors.  I haven't seen one of those in years.

Photos taken in South Wales (left hand page) and on the Isle of Wight (right hand page).

Hurry up summer!


5 comments:

Sid said...

Fab pages Flo !

SusieJ said...

Stunning LO. xx
Hugs xx

Virginia said...

Gorgeous hun - as always

She Who Doodles said...

love how it all turned out.

Unknown said...

I am a huge runway fan and this is such a cool challenge. I had never heard about it....love your pages and the inspiration.