Tuesday, January 03, 2012

A Wrap Up and a Look Forth


So - here we are in 2012 already!  Happy New Year peeps :)

I was planning to do a kind of wrap up page for my 2011 Moleskine (I've filled it, but it has this neat little pocket in the back cover to put a folded loose leaf page into...), but kept finding more urgent things to do - and then along came the very last prompt from A Year In The Life Of An Art Journal to give me a nudge.... 

THE PROMPT: Reflections
THE SONG: Live Like There's No Tomorrow by Selena Gomez and The Scene
Written Lyrics HERE
PRODUCT/TECHNIQUE: Stencils


I used my self portrait stencil in two directions and in positive and negative, to represent me both reflecting over the year just gone and looking forward to the new year to come.

And on the back I wrote down my highlights from 2011, and my hopes for 2012:


A quick and simple page - I didn't have much choice as my house was in disarray today with British Gas installing a new boiler and I couldn't get at most of my art stuff - but it finishes off my 2011 journal nicely

Onwards and upwards!


9 comments:

Carmen said...

It's a perfect finish to the book :) You say quick and simple and yet you always manage to make it look like so much has gone into it.

ally said...

awesome pages :0)

Unknown said...

Very cool...I'm digging the mirror image. I can't wait till you post more of your Sketchbook Project!

Luna Art said...

Love your page, the self portrait stencils are great x

Virginia said...

Gorgeous page!!! What a great way to finish off your journal!

Morti said...

Very cool work - and the journal/ring gifts below are equally fab!

Happy New Year!

Marit said...

Happy New Year Sarah! And ohmygoodness... what a gorgeous page!!! You made this in the middle of the mess? WOWZAH!!! I hope the boiler is fixed and you can create nice and warm!

Shirley said...

Well done on getting your journal finished Sarah, especially amongst all that chaos too! Love the way you have used the stencil ( you are so clever with your stencils ) also the way you have done your journaling.
A great way to finish off the year.
X

Caroline Moore said...

Many thanks for dropping by my blog Sarah - looks like you wont have any problem getting yours completed on time judging from your lovely journals here