Saturday, January 07, 2012

New year, new journal

Last year I did all my art journalling in Moleskines, a little notebook sized one for my main journal, and a landscape watercolour one for trips and holidays....but this year I thought I'd make my own book from scratch

So here it is!

I've used all sorts of different papers, I think it's going to be fun to work in - it should help to combat the old white page syndrome, anyway.
The binding is long stitch, similar to the book I made for Alison's christmas pressie, but bigger (the pages are roughly 7.5" x 5") and with a lot more pages (11 signatures of three sheets each)

 
I just wish I some time to actually DO some actual art journalling in it!  But I need to get my Sketchbook Project book finished first.....deadline looming.....eek......wish me luck!

14 comments:

Carol Browne said...

It's a beautiful blank canvas. I can't wait to see what you fill it up with!

Jana said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS.

Luna Art said...

Great Book, all the different pages are fab.What method have you used to bind it as I love making my own journals too?x

VickiA said...

gorgeous!

Sarah said...

it's a simple long stitched binding, Sam, various tutes linked here: http://www.bookbindingteam.com/2009/02/longstitch-binding-tutorials.html

Psychodiva said...

thanks for the link- I was going to ask about that - I am making a journal too :)

Carmen said...

I may have to have a go at this. Thanks for the link Sarah. Just gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Oh that's fantastic-I love it!!

sewphie said...

It's lovely, I like the charms you've added to the ties

Shirley said...

I love this album Sarah.
Looking forward to see all the wonderful things you will be creating in it.:-)

Sarah said...

Tomorrow, as part of UKScrappers Art Journey, I'll be posting a step by step tutorial on how this book was made, so if anyone fancies making their own, check back here in the morning :)

Marit said...

A new art journal always looks so promising - especially the handmade/bound ones!! Yours is wonderful... I have no doubt it will be filled with the most wonderful art! Enjoy!!

Lorraine said...

clever clogs this looks fab..good idea with the different papers

Unknown said...

You made this? It's so beautiful!! I love the details like the purple thread, and the scissors and key.