Thursday, January 26, 2012

Back on the circle journal bandwagon


Gosh, it feels like ages since I last worked in a CJ.  Well, it was in 2011, and we're in 2012 now, so that's a year ago.  Kind of :)

This is my entry in Shirley's CJ in the "Artistic Licence" circle.  The artist she has chosen for us all to interpret is Victor Vasarely, a French-Hungarian artist who worked in the op art style.

I chose his painting Catch from 1945 to re-work:

It's a powerful image - like human yin and yang.

I've taken a few liberties with it, rotating the figures by 90 degrees, swapping the light and dark figures round, and injecting a bit of colour.  Sorry VV :)

The end result looks simple, but trust me, cutting out those two figures with my little Xacto blade so that they would fit together perfectly was anything but!  I think these two are attempt number three :)

Worth the effort though for the feeling of satisfaction when all those little sets of fingers finally fitted together like jigsaw pieces - hooray!

I think the next CJ is Van Gogh.....eek......pressure, much??



No comments: