Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Little birdie #1 of 2

It's UKStampers CJ time again, and it's the turn of Moria's book which came with this sweet bird stamp.

When this book turned up in the post a couple of weeks ago, Creative Director Jay and I brainstormed through all the bird ideas.... a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush....a little bird told me....free as a bird....feather your nest....birds of a feather flock together....the early bird catches the worm....kill two birds with one stone....etc etc.

I finally settled on Bird's Eye View, and got to work making my little collaged cityscapes.


A couple of days later, the next book in this circle turned up - and it was another bird stamp! And someone had already done Bird's Eye View in the second book, mutter mutter.

I considered scrapping my half finished entry in Birdie CJ #1, but decided to go ahead with it in the end as my execution of the phrase was sufficiently different fom the one in the other book, that hopefully it won't look like either of us copied the other.

And our big brainstorm won't go to waste, as I now have tons of bird-related ideas for the next CJ.

Anyway - here's my entry. I hope the bird doesn't mind me chopping off his legs, at least I gave him an extra wing :)

This hasn't photographed particularly well, especially the bird (he's more glossy and less blocky/stripy in real life, and altogether nicer than he looks in that pic). But never mind, you get the jist.

Here's the sign in bit at the back:


A quick supplies list:

The cityscape is a Riff Raff Designs chipboard thingummy, which I covered with various collage papers

The background is pearlescent acrylic paint (blue mixed with pearl) on watercolour paper

The clouds were handcut from some sparkly paper I got in the Range yonks ago

The cute little puffy stickers of cars and planes and helicopters were from Paperchase

The bird is stamped with a Kaleidacolor rainbow inkpad on glossy paper, and his body is raised up on foam tape ahead of his back wing

And the title on the manilla shipping tag is made with K&Co "Letters to Go" over a stamped distress ink background

I think that's everything....

bring on the next lil' feathered fella (it's still F fortnight :))

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

frigging feathery fabulousness friend!!!

Unknown said...

it is awesome and I think it is really unusual too...I love the buildings and the bright blue!!!!

Anonymous said...

and better still irl!