Saturday, March 01, 2008

E is for Energy...

Yes...yes....I know I haven't done D yet :) Watch this space, I'm hoping to get it done today.

The reason I'm all out of order is that I was asked to be the "guest" over on the IACW pages for the letter E, which is very flattering indeed, thanks girlies for choosing me :)

This page is a bit of a mess really, but that was kind of the the point. It's supposed to represent how my brain never lets up, flitting from one idea to the next, buzzing with ideas (99% of which I never have time to realise), buzzing with worries, buzzing with questions....

Sometimes I wish it would give me a rest :D

The page was somewhat inspired by this exchange over on the UKS forums in a discussion about Geocaching....I was trying to think of a good name for my team...





I needed a pic of me looking particularly manic. Not a problem, as I look like an escapee from Claybury in pretty much every photo, but I settled on this one that I took on my mobile phone to show my other half my recent rather drastic fringe reduction:

The pic cuts the top of my head off though, hence my restyle courtesy of Ranger adirondack dimensional acrylic paint in raisin, I quite like it, maybe I will go that colour next time I go to the hairdressers :)

The background is made from various Christina Cole papers cut up like sun rays and gesso'd over lightly. I have then overstamped with various squiggly arrows in yellow, orange and red Stazon (sunset colours, my favourites, I always come back to them)

My photo was printed on a Selphy and finger painted all over (except the eyes) with irridescent medium, to give it a shimmer, and also bring the eyes forward to add to general air of mania :D

And then the title was stamped as with the rest of these pages using Creative Imaginations stencil style stamps, and the journalling (which, if you want to, you should be able to read if you click on the pic to zoom in) was scribbled on with a fine black permanent pen.

Onwards and upwards to the letter D....

No comments: