Saturday, February 16, 2008

A to Z Journal - B is for Brother


This page in my A-Z art journal is a tribute to my brother David, who sadly died when he was 6 years old, before I was born.

And to my brother in spirit.

Materials and techniques:

The background is pearlescent liquid acrylics (again!) applied onto canvas with a baby wipe. Some script and heart stamps applied with Brilliance pearlescent lavender ink, and the corner flourish stamped in violet Stazon.

The image of my brother is an transfer from transparency, which didn't come out as clearly as I had hoped, so I Xyronned the partially transferred transparency over the top, which made for an interesting, if entirely accidental, layered effect.

The wings and halo were painted in around him freehand, and silver leafing was applied to the wings.

Close up of the leafing:

1 comment:

Alter Me said...

Sarah, this is a gorgeous tribute x

j